General Information Sessions for Construction Contractors
The locations, dates and times for the first six General Information Sessions for Construction Contractors were announced yesterday by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), in partnership with regional and county development organizations, and M+W|Gilbane.
The Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park will be the focus of Phase 1 construction work. Phase 1 will include material procurement, and temporary logistics preparation beginning in spring 2018. Vertical building construction work is anticipated to start in late 2018 or early 2019.
Confirmed General Information Sessions for Construction Contractors include:
- Tuesday, April 3: Fountain Hall, 8505 Durand Avenue, Sturtevant. Co-hosted by the Racine County Economic Development Corporation.
- Wednesday, April 4: University of Wisconsin-Platteville - Harry & Laura Nohr Gallery, 1 University Plaza. Co-hosted by Prosperity Southwest.
- Friday, April 6: Liberty Hall Banquet and Conference Center, 800 Eisenhower Drive, Kimberly. Co-hosted by The New North.
- Thursdsay, April 12: Superior Government Center, 1316 N. 14th St., Superior. Co-hosted by Visions Northwest.
- Monday, April 16: Chippewa Valley Technical College – Energy Education Center, 4000 Campus Road, Eau Claire. Co-hosted by Momentum West.
- Tuesday, April 17: La Crosse Area Chamber Foundation, 601 7th St. N, La Crosse. Co-hosted by 7 Rivers Alliance.
Other informational sessions will take place in April in Eagle River, Janesville, Madison, Milwaukee, Wausau, and Wisconsin Tribal Nations. Details on those meetings will be announced soon.
To learn more and register for one of the information sessions scheduled across the state please click the button below.
TOMORROW: Wisconn Valley Construction Resource Fair
The Wisconn Valley Resource Fair will be held tomorrow, March 29th from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Racine Civic Centre's Festival Hall. This event will be an opportunity for individuals to connect with community resources to understand, develop, and enhance the skills needed for a career in construction.
Over 50 vendors have signed up to participate in this event, with resources including:
- Job referral services
- Pre-construction training
- Educational services
- Literacy services
- Transportation services
- Language services
- Education related financial assistance
- And more!
The resource fair is a free event. Event parking is free in the lot south of the main entrance. In addition, individuals from Milwaukee and Kenosha counties may register for free event transportation by calling the organization in their community: Milwaukee Careers Cooperative at (414) 937-8260 or Kenosha Achievement Center at (262) 658-9568.
|The Wisconn Valley News is published every other week and designed to keep interested individuals up to date on Foxconn construction plans, infrastructure improvements, traffic pattern updates, and more. Local elected officials, suppliers, contractors and members of the public are encouraged to turn to the Wisconn Valley News for the latest project status, road updates, next steps, and interesting facts. When appropriate, special bulletins will also be distributed to ensure the most timely information possible.|