Foxconn's Statewide Impact: Second Round Information Sessions Announced for Green Bay, Eau Claire, Madison, and Racine County
The second round of information sessions for Foxconn construction work will take place at the end of July and early August. Five sessions have been scheduled in Green Bay, Eau Claire, Madison and Racine County, where two will take place. These information sessions are a way to connect construction-related businesses and workers in all regions of the state with the tools they need to get connected with the Foxconn project.
Hosted by the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), Gilbane Building Company, and M+W Group, the meetings will provide an update on the construction schedule over the next 12 months, share a detailed timeline on the next anticipated round of bidding, and explain how the project is being broken down into smaller segments to allow smaller companies opportunities to participate as part of the "Wisconsin First" approach.
Representatives will be on hand from WEDC, Foxconn, Gilbane Building Company, and M+W Group to answer questions about the project and the opportunities available to Wisconsin companies. All business are welcome to attend, though the sessions are aimed at companies providing goods and services in construction logistics, roadways, site utilities, foundations, structure, enclosure, mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, materials, and equipment.
Second Round Information Sessions:
- Green Bay: July 25, 2018, registration at 1:00 p.m., session 1:30-3:00 p.m., Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54303.
- Eau Claire: July 26, 2018, registration at 1:00 p.m., session 1:30-3:00 p.m., Chippewa Valley Technical College, 4000 Campus Road, Eau Claire, WI 54703.
- Racine Co. (morning): August 1, 2018, registration at 11:30 a.m., session 12:00-1:30 p.m., Gateway Technical College, 2320 Renaissance Blvd., Sturtevant, WI 53177.
- Racine Co. (afternoon): August 1, 2018, registration at 2:30 p.m., session 3:00-4:30 p.m., Gateway Technical College, 2320 Renaissance Blvd., Sturtevant, WI 53177.
- Madison: August 2, 2018, registration at 9:00 a.m., session 9:30-11:00 a.m., MGE Innovation Center, 510 Charmany Drive, Madison, WI 53719.
The information sessions are free, but advanced registration is required. Registration information is available by clicking the button below.
Foxconn Partners with Advocate Aurora Health on Comprehensive Health Collaboration
Advocate Aurora Health and Foxconn Health Technology Business Group announced a collaborative effort to enhance quality, care delivery and access while also lowering health care costs. By focusing on technology innovations and integration, Foxconn and Aurora will drive the future of health care and improve outcomes, all while lowering the costs to individuals and employers.
As Foxconn and Aurora look to the future of healthcare, three key focus areas were highlighted for this collaboration:
- Enhancing preventive care and employer-based wellness programs. Powered by Foxconn's leading-edge predictive modeling platform and advanced Artificial Intelligence solutions and enabled by Advocate Aurora Health's nationally renowned population health management expertise, this employer-based solution will accelerate value by developing tools to improve employer health care cost forecasting and wellness programs.
- Building a "smart city" connectivity infrastructure. By leveraging Foxconn technology platforms, this concept seeks to link consumer's available health, fitness and dietary data across home, work, mobile, community and clinical environments to connect and display information for patients and doctors across an integrated, highly-secure provider network.
- Investing in precision medicine and transformational training programs for a clinical team of the future. The collaboration includes plans to invest in emerging medical disciplines like precision medicine and genomics, which are revolutionizing individualized care, as well as expanding global recruitment and training to strengthen the future health care workforce across the Racine County region and beyond.
This announcement is another example of the "Foxconn Bonus" as it is independent of any state investment incentives and comes in addition to the company's plans for the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Racine County.